Area information about Almeria – Costa Almeria
- Almería City
- Almería’s Beaches
- Costa Almería Golf
- Favourite residential areas Costa Almería
The province of Almería has 200km of relatively unspoilt and very natural coastline. Inland, it is primarily a desert landscape that is sparsely populated, hence its popularity with crews filming the Spaghetti Westerns starring Clint Eastwood and the presence of a Mini-Hollywood theme park in Almería’s Desert of Tabernas. Despite this it is also an area that is a major flower producer and you’ll also see many greenhouses growing tomatoes, cucumbers and peppers.
It is the only part of Europe with a hot, desert-like climate and has an average temperature of 19°C. Typically, summer temperatures can soar into the forties, whilst in winter they can drop to a low of 10 degrees centigrade.
This is a vibrant, modern city that is predominantly Spanish. You will not find many overseas residents here. It has a port where you can catch a ferry to North Africa and a marina, and a good selection of museums, art galleries and shops that make a visit worthwhile.
One of the Costa Almería’s main attractions is its maritime park that runs from Cabo de Gata to Nijar, which is famous for its ceramics. On this stretch of coast you’ll find plenty of secluded bays with crystalline water; perfect for swimming and diving. The area is one of the most natural and ecologically rich coasts along the western Mediterranean and is perfect for hikers, nature lovers and bird watchers. Some of the most famous beaches are at Vera, which also has a nudist beach, and at Pulpí, where you’ll find beautiful golden sand and some underwater caves to explore.
Costa Almería Golf
Althoguh it may not have as many courses as some of the other coastal areas, it does have some great golf resorts, such as the Vale Del Este and the Envia Golf and Spa Resort.
Favourite residential areas Costa Almería
There are several locations favoured by overseas buyers: Roquetas de Mar is a coastal town with well-developed amenities for foreign residents. Other places that attract buyers are Aguadulce and Almerimar; the latter has a lovely marina and a golf course. Mojácar is also popular and is renowned for its excellent beaches.
- Spain – The Spanish economy: Should you buy property in Spain? Spain is certainly on the property buyers radar, especially in 2018
- Find property in Spain – Umuzee.com is a property portal with a global audience and a fast growing network of real estate agents specialising in Spanish properties for sale
- Guide to buying a property in Spain – A guide to buying property in Spain including the Spanish economy, culture, living in Spain, adapting to Spanish life, location & price
- Search for property in Spain – What’s the best way to search for a property for sale in Spain on Umuzee including types of property and best locations to buy property in Spain
- Property news in Spain – Current news and articles about Spain
€399,000 (-20%) - 5 Bedroom Villa
🔥🔥🔥🔥 HOT DEAL 🔥🔥🔥🔥 Spacious 5 bedroom villa for sale in Urbanizacion Campo Mijas, with easy access to Fuengirola, shopping and other amenities. As you enter the building via the top floor, you come to the lounge with fireplace and an ...
6 Bedroom Villa
in La Nucia
Alicante (Costa Blanca), Spain
Price: €586,000 (--7%)
- Sol Albir -
2 Bedroom Villa
in La Torre Golf Resort
Murcia (Costa Calida), Spain
- Orihuela Costa Properties -
3 Bedroom Villa
Alicante (Costa Blanca), Spain
- Seek & Buy Properties Overseas -