Area guide to Jaén
Jaén is considered to be one of Andalucia’s regions of outstanding beauty. Its landscape is dominated by olive trees, which is why Jaén is the world’s leading producer of olives and olive oil and the venue of an annual world trade fair devoted to the olive oil industry. In terms of travelling to Jaén, it is served by the airports in Granada, Córdoba and Málaga.
The rural landscape is dotted with centuries-old villages and traditional whitewashed farms and its towns are filled with Renaissance era churches, palaces and plazas. The towns of Ubeda and Baeza are UNESCO World Historic-Artistic sites due to the significant amount of well-preserved Renaissance architecture and it is fair to say that this are is often overlooked by foreign buyers.
This city has a rich heritage, which is reflected in its buildings, such as the Moorish castle that is now a parador with fantastic views. Its museum has one of Spain’s leading collections of Iberian art, but the city also has the amenities needed for a contemporary lifestyle.
There are two golf courses in Jaén province; Club de Golf La Garza in Linares and Medina Elvira Golf in Atarfe.
Jaén doesn’t have many international schools, but there is the Almunecar International School in Jaén city and Saint Philip’s British School in Linares. Schools in Granada may be sufficiently close depending on location.
Favourite residential areas in Jaen
Alcala la Real is a beautiful town with a Moorish Old Quarter and is surrounded by a landscape of olive groves and vineyards. It is particularly popular with British buyers. Linares, Martos and Alcala are also popular with overseas residents, as is Alcaudete and Castillo de Locubin.
- Spain – The Spanish economy: Should you buy property in Spain? Spain is certainly on the property buyers radar, especially in 2018
- Find property in Spain – Umuzee.com is a property portal with a global audience and a fast growing network of real estate agents specialising in Spanish properties for sale
- Guide to buying a property in Spain – A guide to buying property in Spain including the Spanish economy, culture, living in Spain, adapting to Spanish life, location & price
- Search for property in Spain – What’s the best way to search for a property for sale in Spain on Umuzee including types of property and best locations to buy property in Spain
- Property news in Spain – Current news and articles about Spain
- Property Taxes in Spain – A guide to property taxes in Spain including tax on new build properties
- Mortgages in Spain – A guide to property mortgages in Spain including information on mortgages for non-residents, interest rates, mortgage costs, new legislation and using a broker
- Currency Exchange when buying property in Spain – Why you should use a currency exchange service when buying a property in Spain?
€1,950,000 - 7 Bedroom House
Off-plan 7 bedroom villa to be constructed of Modern style on a Fantastic plot of 2,000 m2 in the prestigious area of El Paraiso. Frontline to the 18 hole golf course of El Paraiso and with Panoramic sea views this is an opportunity to build a deluxe villa of 420m2 in an exclusive enclave of the ...
5 Bedroom Cortijo
Malaga (Costa del Sol), Spain
- Creative Property Marketing -
3 Bedroom Villa
Alicante (Costa Blanca), Spain
- Sol Albir -
3 Bedroom Detached villa
in El Raso
Alicante (Costa Blanca), Spain
- Orihuela Costa Properties -