Area information about Córdoba
Córdoba province has a diverse and very beautiful landscape. Its wide plains, the Guadalquivir River, and the Sierra Morena mountains plus its whitewashed villages and Moorish castles, not forgetting the treasures of Córdoba city, make this a very culturally rich region of natural beauty. The province is famous for its dry white wines, especially ‘fino’, which are produced mainly from the Pedro Xímenez grape, and for its olive oil; vineyards and olive groves being a characteristic feature of the landscape, especially south of Córdoba city. There is an airport just outside the city, but international passengers may find it more convenient to fly to Málaga and take the high speed train to Córdoba, or fly to Granada and travel from there.
One of Spain’s most historic cities and a power centre of the Umayyad dynasty caliphate. Under their rule, Córdoba became one f the most important cities of learning in medieval Europe and today its university is still highly regarded. The Great Mosque and the other Moorish buildings in Córdoba are world famous and UNESCO Heritage Sites. The city is lively and laid back, with some exceptional restaurants and its Old Quarter is still a hub for traditional artisans who have been working, leather and silver here for centuries.
Favourite residential areas Córdoba
Priego de Córdoba is a breathtakingly beautiful village and one that attracts foreign residents. Almedinilla a beautiful town in the south of the province, and others popular with overseas buyers are Iznájar, Puente-Genil, La Mina and Encinas Reales. There is a good selection of traditional and newly built properties available, and a choice of both more urban or rural settings.
- Spain – The Spanish economy: Should you buy property in Spain? Spain is certainly on the property buyers radar, especially in 2018
- Find property in Spain – Umuzee.com is a property portal with a global audience and a fast growing network of real estate agents specialising in Spanish properties for sale
- Guide to buying a property in Spain – A guide to buying property in Spain including the Spanish economy, culture, living in Spain, adapting to Spanish life, location & price
- Search for property in Spain – What’s the best way to search for a property for sale in Spain on Umuzee including types of property and best locations to buy property in Spain
- Property news in Spain – Current news and articles about Spain
- Property Taxes in Spain – A guide to property taxes in Spain including tax on new build properties
- Mortgages in Spain – A guide to property mortgages in Spain including information on mortgages for non-residents, interest rates, mortgage costs, new legislation and using a broker
- Currency Exchange when buying property in Spain – Why you should use a currency exchange service when buying a property in Spain?
€399,000 (-20%) - 5 Bedroom Villa
🔥🔥🔥🔥 HOT DEAL 🔥🔥🔥🔥 Spacious 5 bedroom villa for sale in Urbanizacion Campo Mijas, with easy access to Fuengirola, shopping and other amenities. As you enter the building via the top floor, you come to the lounge with fireplace and an ...
4 Bedroom Apartment
- Seek & Buy Properties Overseas -
3 Bedroom Country House
Price: €139,000 (-10%)
- Undiscovered Spain -
4 Bedroom Villa
in Alfaz del Pi
Alicante (Costa Blanca), Spain
Price: €320,000 (-19%)
- Sol Albir -