Area information about Costa Brava
- The arts and gastronomy
- Golf on the Costa Brava
- Favourite residential areas Costa Brava
The Costa Brava is in the province of Girona, which is part of Catalonia. It is located in the northeast corner of Spain and the French border is only a short drive from the city of Girona. This 300km coastline has long been a favourite residential area with foreign buyers and like the other Costas, it is also a popular holiday destination.
One of the Costa Brava’s main attractions is the fact that its coastline is extremely diverse in appearance with its high cliffs, small coves and large bays, plus a sense of wild, natural beauty that differentiates it from other coastlines on the peninsula.
The Costa Brava has numerous microclimates, but in general it has a typical Mediterranean climate of hot summers and a sunny but mild spring and autumn. The winter weather can be more variable and it has even been known to snow.
This large city was one of Europe’s wealthiest in the medieval period, which is reflected in its architecture. Now it is a fantastic collection of Romanesque and Gothic buildings with cobbled streets that sit side by side with some of the most modern residential architecture in Spain. It’s a gem of a city that many ignore.
The Arts and Gastronomy
The Costa Brava has had a long affiliation with artists, and was Salvador Dalí, Joan Miró and Pablo Picasso were all inspired by it. Dalí was particularly fond of Portlligat in Cadaques. His house there is now a museum. The Cap Roig music festival draws some of the biggest names including Andrea Bocelli and Elton John and there are many other smaller festivals in this area. It was also home to El Bullí, named the world’s best restaurant five times and anyone who enjoys great cuisine will find it just about everywhere here.
Golf on the Costa Brava
There are at least 10 golf courses on the Costa Brava, including the PGA Golf de Catalunya in Girona, which is a championship course. The Golf de Pals is another popular course and is in an area with many overseas residents.
St. George’s is an international school in Girona for children aged 3 – 18 and there is the Montjuic International Schools, also in Girona, whilst the International School of Catalunya is in La Garriga.
Favourite residential areas Costa Brava
The seaside town of Roses is only 30km from the French border and has long been popular with expats, as is Blanes, with its attractive hisotorical buildings. Tossa de Mar and Lloret de Mar are well known resort towns and the medieval town of Pals is another town that draws overseas buyers.
- Spain – The Spanish economy: Should you buy property in Spain? Spain is certainly on the property buyers radar, especially in 2018
- Find property in Spain – Umuzee.com is a property portal with a global audience and a fast growing network of real estate agents specialising in Spanish properties for sale
- Guide to buying a property in Spain – A guide to buying property in Spain including the Spanish economy, culture, living in Spain, adapting to Spanish life, location & price
- Search for property in Spain – What’s the best way to search for a property for sale in Spain on Umuzee including types of property and best locations to buy property in Spain
- Property news in Spain – Current news and articles about Spain
- Property Taxes in Spain – A guide to property taxes in Spain including tax on new build properties
- Mortgages in Spain – A guide to property mortgages in Spain including information on mortgages for non-residents, interest rates, mortgage costs, new legislation and using a broker
- Currency Exchange when buying property in Spain – Why you should use a currency exchange service when buying a property in Spain?
€449,000 (-10%) - 5 Bedroom Villa
🔥🔥 HOT DEAL 🔥🔥 Spacious 5 bedroom villa for sale in Urbanizacion Campo Mijas, with easy access to Fuengirola, shopping and other amenities. As you enter the building via the top floor, you come to the lounge with fireplace and an open plan kitchen and dining area. A ...
6 Bedroom Villa
in Alfaz del Pi
Alicante (Costa Blanca), Spain
- Sol Albir -
3 Bedroom Villa
in Ciudad Quesada
Alicante (Costa Blanca), Spain
- SolSpainGroup -
3 Bedroom Cortijo
- Undiscovered Spain -