Huelva – Costa de la Luz
Huelva province sits on the Atlantic and close to the border with Portugal. It also borders the Spanish regions of Sevilla and Extramadura. It is accessible by road and visitors can use Cádiz, Sevilla or Gibraltar airports for international flights. In terms of residential areas, it offers a choice of coast or mountains.
Huelva is famous for being the location of the Rio Tinto mines that have existed here since 1000BC. However, most visitors don’t come to look at Roman slag heaps, they want to visit the spectacular Doñana National Park, which is one of Europe’s most important wetland areas, and home to sand dunes, marshes, pine woods, freshwater lagoons, salt flats and a huge variety of wildlife, including the endangered Iberian Lynx and the rare Spanish Imperial Eagle. Other protected areas include the Sierra de Aracena and Picos de Aroche, which is where Spain’s famous Jabuga ham comes from.
Huelva has kilometres of unspoilt sandy beaches, stretching along its Atlantic coastline, where it forms part of the Costa de la Luz.
There are three golf courses within the Huelva area, including La Monacilla and Bellavista in Aljaraque and Hotel Islantilla Golf Resort in Isla Cristina.
The majority of schools in Huelva are bilingual Spanish and English schools teaching the Spanish curriculum. Spanish state schools are another option.
Favourite residential areas Huelva
The areas that tend to attract most buyers are Huelva city, Ayamonte, Marina El Rompido, Villablanca, Moguer and Islantilla. Compared with some other regions, the property in Huelva is very well priced for a second holiday home.
- Spain – The Spanish economy: Should you buy property in Spain? Spain is certainly on the property buyers radar, especially in 2018
- Find property in Spain – Umuzee.com is a property portal with a global audience and a fast growing network of real estate agents specialising in Spanish properties for sale
- Guide to buying a property in Spain – A guide to buying property in Spain including the Spanish economy, culture, living in Spain, adapting to Spanish life, location & price
- Search for property in Spain – What’s the best way to search for a property for sale in Spain on Umuzee including types of property and best locations to buy property in Spain
- Property news in Spain – Current news and articles about Spain
- Property Taxes in Spain – A guide to property taxes in Spain including tax on new build properties
- Mortgages in Spain – A guide to property mortgages in Spain including information on mortgages for non-residents, interest rates, mortgage costs, new legislation and using a broker
- Currency Exchange when buying property in Spain – Why you should use a currency exchange service when buying a property in Spain?
€399,000 (-20%) - 5 Bedroom Villa
🔥🔥🔥🔥 HOT DEAL 🔥🔥🔥🔥 Spacious 5 bedroom villa for sale in Urbanizacion Campo Mijas, with easy access to Fuengirola, shopping and other amenities. As you enter the building via the top floor, you come to the lounge with fireplace and an ...
3 Bedroom Villa
in Los Montesinos
Alicante (Costa Blanca), Spain
- Hallewell Estates -
2 Bedroom Apartment
Malaga (Costa del Sol), Spain
- SolSpainGroup -
3 Bedroom Country House
- Another Way of Life -