Area guide to Ibiza and the Balearic Islands
Ibiza is perhaps better known for being one of the world’s party capitals, but away from the famous nightclubs in Ibiza Town and San Antonio, this is a quiet and tranquil island that is popular with the discerning buyer worldwide.
Ibiza has some truly beautiful beaches and they are also among the cleanest in the Mediterranean, with all the Balearic islands usually picking up prestigious Blue Flags awards. Benirras, Agua Blanca and Las Salinas beaches are recommended and the quieter ones are in the north of the island.
There are just two courses on Ibiza – the 18-hole Golf Ibiza and 9-hole Roca Llisa.
Morna International College has been established for 40 years on Ibiza and teaches the British curriculum. The Green School Ibiza offers Montessori teaching for early years. There is also a French school.
Favourite residential areas Ibiza
Property prices on Ibiza are relatively high compared with other Spanish locations, but there are properties available for a range of budgets. Ibiza Town and Es Cubells are in the higher price range, because of their proximity to the airport, the nightclubs and the marina, but in the central and northern areas, such as Cala Tarida and Santa Gertrudis, prices are somewhat lower.
- Spain – The Spanish economy: Should you buy property in Spain? Spain is certainly on the property buyers radar, especially in 2018
- Find property in Spain – Umuzee.com is a property portal with a global audience and a fast growing network of real estate agents specialising in Spanish properties for sale
- Guide to buying a property in Spain – A guide to buying property in Spain including the Spanish economy, culture, living in Spain, adapting to Spanish life, location & price
- Search for property in Spain – What’s the best way to search for a property for sale in Spain on Umuzee including types of property and best locations to buy property in Spain
- Property news in Spain – Current news and articles about Spain
- Property Taxes in Spain – A guide to property taxes in Spain including tax on new build properties
- Mortgages in Spain – A guide to property mortgages in Spain including information on mortgages for non-residents, interest rates, mortgage costs, new legislation and using a broker
- Currency Exchange when buying property in Spain – Why you should use a currency exchange service when buying a property in Spain?