Area guide to Madrid
Madrid is both the capital of Spain and an autonomous community. The capital sits quite high above sea level, which gives it a climate of cold winters and hot summers, with balmy spring and autumn seasons. North of the city, winters and summers are somewhat milder than in the capital. Parts of Madrid province are mountainous enough to allow skiing in the winter months. Transport is excellent in Madrid as one might expect from a capital city. Its international airport is a hub for flights to other parts of the world and its metro and bus system is very efficient.
It is the political seat of power and where Spain’s monarchy resides. Like all European capitals, Madrid mixes the cosmopolitan and modern with the local and traditional. It is a vibrant city, with wonderful parks, broad boulevards and distinct areas, like Chueca, that cater for a range of lifestyles. The shopping experience is one of Madrid’s key selling points for everyone, because it has such an extraordinary selection of high-end names and boutique stores that you won’t find elsewhere. It also has wonderful art galleries and museums, including the Prado. It is famous for its nightlife and for its restaurants and bars. As a dynamic and modern European capital, Madrid often takes visitors by surprise and they find that they want to come back for more.
There are 25 golf clubs in the Madrid community and three of them are in the capital. Even if you choose to live in the city, you will still be able to enjoy a game of golf at Golf Negralejo, Club de Golf Olivar de Hinojosa or Leisure Sports Channel.
Overseas residents are well catered for by international schools in Madrid. In fact, international educational standards are so commonplace that many schools with British and American curricula have a student body predominately made up of Spanish pupils. There are seven well known schools, most of them catering for ages 2- 18.
Favourite residential areas Madrid
Choosing where to live in Madrid depends on your budget and the lifestyle you are after. For example, if you live in the centre you probably won’t need a car, but you’ll pay higher prices for property, as you’ expect. Salamanca, Retiro and Chamberi are the residential areas most likely to appeal to a range of buyers. In the suburban areas, Conde de Orgaz is popular with foreign residents, as is Arturo Soria, which is convenient for the airport. Mirasierra is also popular and just outside the capital, Pozuelo Las Rozas and La Moraleja are good choices.
- Spain – The Spanish economy: Should you buy property in Spain? Spain is certainly on the property buyers radar, especially in 2018
- Find property in Spain – Umuzee.com is a property portal with a global audience and a fast growing network of real estate agents specialising in Spanish properties for sale
- Guide to buying a property in Spain – A guide to buying property in Spain including the Spanish economy, culture, living in Spain, adapting to Spanish life, location & price
- Search for property in Spain – What’s the best way to search for a property for sale in Spain on Umuzee including types of property and best locations to buy property in Spain
- Property news in Spain – Current news and articles about Spain
- Property Taxes in Spain – A guide to property taxes in Spain including tax on new build properties
- Mortgages in Spain – A guide to property mortgages in Spain including information on mortgages for non-residents, interest rates, mortgage costs, new legislation and using a broker
- Currency Exchange when buying property in Spain – Why you should use a currency exchange service when buying a property in Spain?
€449,000 (-10%) - 5 Bedroom Villa
🔥🔥 HOT DEAL 🔥🔥 Spacious 5 bedroom villa for sale in Urbanizacion Campo Mijas, with easy access to Fuengirola, shopping and other amenities. As you enter the building via the top floor, you come to the lounge with fireplace and an open plan kitchen and dining area. A ...
5 Bedroom House
in New Golden Mile
Malaga (Costa del Sol), Spain
- Costa del Sol Living -
3 Bedroom Townhouse
in Pilar de la Horadada
Alicante (Costa Blanca), Spain
- Hallewell Estates -
2 Bedroom Apartment
Alicante (Costa Blanca), Spain
- Seek & Buy Properties Overseas -