Area guide to Málaga – Costa del Sol
The Costa del Sol is the best known of the Spanish Costas worldwide and it attracts tourists as well as property buyers from All across Europe and beyond. Its popularity is due to its enviable climate that provides 2,900 hours of sunshine annually, its long stretches of sandy beaches and its incredible golf courses. The Costa del Sol starts at Málaga city, which is also the location of the international airport serving the province, and ends at Gibraltar, which also has an international airport.
Some 137 nationalities are resident on the Costa del Sol, making it the most cosmopolitan residential area. Some areas cater more to the tourist trade whilst others are more residential, but overall both blend together well. Much work has been done on improving the infrastructure along the coast and in improving the environment, such as beautiful promenades, boulevards and beach clubs that enhance the experience of living here.
This charming city has undergone a revival and is a popular place for weekend shopping, or for visiting its numerous art galleries and museums. The opening of the Picasso museum and the arrival of the Pompidou Centre on the city’s Muelle Uno at its restaurant-lined port have played a role in attracting more visitors to this beautiful and relaxed city.
Marbella and Puerto Banús
It is impossible to talk about the Costa del Sol without mentioning these two places that encapsulate the glamour of this area of southern Spain. Marbella stands for ‘chic’ and its Golden Mile is home to Michelin-starred restaurants, superb spas and exclusive properties. Puerto Banús is renowned for its marina filled with millionaires’ yachts, its high-end fashion stores and its nightclubs and restaurants.
Golf on the Costa del Sol
It is also known as the Costa del Golf, due to its 60 golf courses, including Valderrama in the luxury resort of Sotogrande, which hosted the Volvo Masters. There is a course for every level of expertise at this sport and wherever you buy a property on the Costa del Sol, there is likely to be a golf course close to your home. In addition, there are many golf resort developments where you can buy a frontline golf property.
The Costa del Sol has the greatest number of international schools compared with other Spanish Costas. These are well situated along the coast, giving families easy access without excessive travel. There are schools in Marbella, San Pedro de Alcántara, Elviria, Las Chapas, Fuengirola, Estepona and Sotogrande.
Favourite residential areas Costa del Sol
It is almost impossible to single out just a few of the towns and resorts that have become favourites with overseas buyers as it is fairly safe to say, everywhere is popular. Marbella East is highly fashionable and Estepona and Benahavís are also areas seeing an upward trend. The entire Mijas area, plus Fuengirola, Benalmádena and Torremolinos are often chosen for their proximity to Málaga airport, whilst west of Marbella, San Pedro is frequently chosen for its beachside residences and the numerous amenities available in the town.
- Spain – The Spanish economy: Should you buy property in Spain? Spain is certainly on the property buyers radar, especially in 2018
- Find property in Spain – Umuzee.com is a property portal with a global audience and a fast growing network of real estate agents specialising in Spanish properties for sale
- Guide to buying a property in Spain – A guide to buying property in Spain including the Spanish economy, culture, living in Spain, adapting to Spanish life, location & price
- Search for property in Spain – What’s the best way to search for a property for sale in Spain on Umuzee including types of property and best locations to buy property in Spain
- Property news in Spain – Current news and articles about Spain
- Property Taxes in Spain – A guide to property taxes in Spain including tax on new build properties
- Mortgages in Spain – A guide to property mortgages in Spain including information on mortgages for non-residents, interest rates, mortgage costs, new legislation and using a broker
- Currency Exchange when buying property in Spain – Why you should use a currency exchange service when buying a property in Spain?
4 Bedroom Villa
Alicante (Costa Blanca), Spain
- SolSpainGroup -
3 Bedroom Villa
in Roda Golf Resort
Murcia (Costa Calida), Spain
- Orihuela Costa Properties -
in Mijas Costa
Malaga (Costa del Sol), Spain
Price: €116,000 (--83958%)
- Marlin Global -