Area guide to Murcia – Costa Calida
The Costa Calida has the Costa Blanca to its north and the Costa Almeria to the south. This 250km stretch of coast starts at La Carolina, near Águilas in the south and finishes at El Mojón, where the province of Alicante (Costa Blanca) begins.
In terms of climate, it has about 315 days of sunshine annually and average temperature of 17oC. Rather unusually, its residents have access to the Mediterranean sea and to the Mar Menor, which is the largest salt lake in the world. La Manga del Mar Menor is highly regarded by water sports enthusiasts. It is also home to the La Manga Club resort and its famous golf course. In general, the Costa Calida has excellent beaches and an interesting array of coastal areas and is famous for its fresh fish and shellfish dishes. The area also produces much of Spain’s fruit and vegetables and there are numerous orchards.
Murcia is the capital of the region. This old city, which is filled with beautiful architecture, sits about 25km from the sea and has an international airport connecting with major European cities. A new airport is being built to the southwest of Murcia city, but some residents also use Alicante airport on the Costa Blanca.
The town of Cartagena in the south is a major port and has a three thousand year history, is famous for its numerous archaeological treasures, modern architecture and interesting museums.
Golf on the Costa Calida
There are 16 golf courses in Murcia. The most popular course are El Valle, Lorca and Hacienda de Riquelme.
There are several international schools in Murcia, including King’s College Murcia.
Favourite residential areas Murcia – Costa Calida
The most popular towns in this area with overseas buyers are Cartagena, Mazarrón, Murcia, Águilas and Mojácar. The array of property types available ranges from city and resort apartments to villas and rural cortijos and fincas.
- Spain – The Spanish economy: Should you buy property in Spain? Spain is certainly on the property buyers radar, especially in 2018
- Find property in Spain – Umuzee.com is a property portal with a global audience and a fast growing network of real estate agents specialising in Spanish properties for sale
- Guide to buying a property in Spain – A guide to buying property in Spain including the Spanish economy, culture, living in Spain, adapting to Spanish life, location & price
- Search for property in Spain – What’s the best way to search for a property for sale in Spain on Umuzee including types of property and best locations to buy property in Spain
- Property news in Spain – Current news and articles about Spain
- Property Taxes in Spain – A guide to property taxes in Spain including tax on new build properties
- Mortgages in Spain – A guide to property mortgages in Spain including information on mortgages for non-residents, interest rates, mortgage costs, new legislation and using a broker
- Currency Exchange when buying property in Spain – Why you should use a currency exchange service when buying a property in Spain?
3 Bedroom Townhouse
Granada (Inland-Coast), Spain
- Another Way of Life -
3 Bedroom Apartment
- Seek & Buy Properties Overseas -
3 Bedroom Villa
in Pilar de la Horadada
Alicante (Costa Blanca), Spain
- Orihuela Costa Properties -