Area guide to Tarragona – Costa Dorada
Tarragona province is part of Catalonia and the Costa Dorada is one of the most popular parts of the region due to its golden beaches, clear waters and historical towns. The nearest international airports are Reus and Barcelona.
The province’s capital, Tarragona, is about 60km southwest of Barcelona. Although it is a relatively small city, it is packed with history and has a port. The Roman influence is still clearly visible in places like the Les Ferreres aqueduct and the Roman amphitheatre that faces the Mediterranean and the walled Old Town retains its medieval character.
The Costa Dorada beaches include a number of Blue Flag winners, such as Playa La Mora, Playa La Pineda, Playa La Savinosa, Coma-Ruga Playa, Playa Cunit, and Playa Frances El Vendrell. Tarragona is also home to Spain’s largest theme park, Port Aventura and there are a number of water parks and a zoo for family entertainment.
Golf in Tarragona
The Bonmont Club in Tarragona was designed by the famous Robert Trent Jones and there are six other courses in the province, all offering a high standard of golf.
A number of international schools catering for all ages are available in Tarragona, including the British School of Tarragona, Jigsaw British School and the EIC in Salou for older students.
Favourite residential areas Tarragona
The Costa Dorada’s many tourist resorts are also popular with overseas residents. Salou and Cambrils are two of the best known on the coast, but there are also many wonderful rural properties available in this part of Spain.
- Spain – The Spanish economy: Should you buy property in Spain? Spain is certainly on the property buyers radar, especially in 2018
- Find property in Spain – Umuzee.com is a property portal with a global audience and a fast growing network of real estate agents specialising in Spanish properties for sale
- Guide to buying a property in Spain – A guide to buying property in Spain including the Spanish economy, culture, living in Spain, adapting to Spanish life, location & price
- Search for property in Spain – What’s the best way to search for a property for sale in Spain on Umuzee including types of property and best locations to buy property in Spain
- Property news in Spain – Current news and articles about Spain
- Property Taxes in Spain – A guide to property taxes in Spain including tax on new build properties
- Mortgages in Spain – A guide to property mortgages in Spain including information on mortgages for non-residents, interest rates, mortgage costs, new legislation and using a broker
- Currency Exchange when buying property in Spain – Why you should use a currency exchange service when buying a property in Spain?
€169,000 - 3 Bedroom Villa
Development of 19 villas in Lorca on plots between 230 m² and 300 m². The villas are finished with the highest quality materials. On this development you can choose between 3 different models of villas MODEL LUNA with 2 or 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms , with a built area of 76,58 ...
4 Bedroom Villa
in Alfaz del Pi
Alicante (Costa Blanca), Spain
- Sol Albir -
1 Bedroom Apartment
Alicante (Costa Blanca), Spain
Price: €121,000 (-45%)
- Hallewell Estates -
3 Bedroom Townhouse
in The Golden Mile
Malaga (Costa del Sol), Spain
- Space Marbella -