Area guide to Teruel
Teruel is a province of Aragon in northeast Spain. It is somewhat remote and rural, but in recent years its road infrastructure has improved and many people pass through it when driving from the north of the country to the south. It has borders with Tarragona and Valencia, as well as other provinces. The scenery in Teruel is impressive; it has majestic mountains and green valleys dotted with small villages that seem to belong to another era.
Farming is its main industry, alongside tourism and it is famous for its Jamón de Teruel. It also has two ski resorts, which are considerably less expensive than those in northern Spain.
A quarter of the province’s population lives in the city and still it only has 35,000 inhabitants. Much of its Moorish heritage remains and it is a centre of Mudejar art and has been recognised by UNESCO for its importance in preserving this unique architecture. Younger visitors will enjoy Dinopolis, a new dinosaur/cultural theme park with an interesting “Jurassic Route” explaining the history of dinosaurs.
Teruel has one golf course – Campo de Golf El Castillejo in Alcalá de la Selva.
Favourite residential areas Teruel
Outside of the city there is a wealth of beautiful rural properties for sale in Teruel, some with considerable plots of land. Villages in the Matarraña river area are particularly popular, including Valderrobres, Penaroya de Tastavins, Fuentespalda, Lledo and Beceite, which is on the outskirts of a natural park.
- Spain – The Spanish economy: Should you buy property in Spain? Spain is certainly on the property buyers radar, especially in 2018
- Find property in Spain – Umuzee.com is a property portal with a global audience and a fast growing network of real estate agents specialising in Spanish properties for sale
- Guide to buying a property in Spain – A guide to buying property in Spain including the Spanish economy, culture, living in Spain, adapting to Spanish life, location & price
- Search for property in Spain – What’s the best way to search for a property for sale in Spain on Umuzee including types of property and best locations to buy property in Spain
- Property news in Spain – Current news and articles about Spain
- Property Taxes in Spain – A guide to property taxes in Spain including tax on new build properties
- Mortgages in Spain – A guide to property mortgages in Spain including information on mortgages for non-residents, interest rates, mortgage costs, new legislation and using a broker
- Currency Exchange when buying property in Spain – Why you should use a currency exchange service when buying a property in Spain?
€140,000 - 2 Bedroom Apartment
Modern style two bedrooms apartments, designed with open spaces and large windows, kitchen on island, master bedroom with dressing room. Two bathrooms. Ground floors with terraces facing the pool and garden, first floors with large solarium of more than 50m2. All homes have a parking space and a ...
2 Bedroom Apartment
in Santa Maria
Sal, Cape Verde
- Cape Verde Dream Properties -
3 Bedroom Villa
Alicante (Costa Blanca), Spain
- Seek & Buy Properties Overseas -
4 Bedroom Country House
in El Poleo
Price: €85,000 (-52%)
- Undiscovered Spain -