Area guide to Valencia – Costa Azahar
The Costa Azahar, or ‘Orange Blossom Coast’, lies north of the vibrant city of Valencia and is part of the provinces of Valencia and Castellón. It is a beautiful and unspoilt area and has great beaches, stunning countryside and charming towns. It has a temperate climate with warm summers and mild winters. This coastal area is easily accessible from the international airport in Valencia. The area has been officially named by the World Health Organisation as one of the healthiest places in Europe in which to live.
The beaches here are quite special and you’ll find long stretches of white sand and small private coves. They are rarely crowded and are perfect for scuba diving. Some of the best beaches are to be found at Romana, Moro, Marina d’Or and Peñiscola which is known as the Gibraltar of Valencia.
Spain’s third largest city is considered easy to live in and has a thriving culture and nightlife. The strikingly futuristic City of Arts and Sciences development sits alongside a host of contemporary Modernista buildings that provide a charming contrast with its lovely old quarter. It has wonderful museums and is famous for its cuisine, including its paella.
Golf in Costa Azahar
There are six golf courses in the Valencia area of the coast, including the prestigious Golf El Saler, which has beautiful parador. Others include El Bosque, Club de Golf Manises, Club de Golf Escorpión, Masia de las Estrellas and Foressos Golf Club.
Families living in Valencia have a number of international schools to choose from. There is the American School of Valencia and the British School of Valencia, as well as Caxton College, which offers boarding, Los Olivos and Cambridge House Community College, plus a number of others.
Favourite residential areas Costa Azahar
The Costa Azahar has not been over-developed by contrast with some of the other coastal regions that attract foreign buyers. There are lovely properties available here, ranging from villas and rural houses to beachside apartments. The places most popular with overseas buyers are Valencia city, Peñiscola, Gandía, Villalonga, Estivella, Olocau, Turís, Lliria and Marxuquera.
- Spain – The Spanish economy: Should you buy property in Spain? Spain is certainly on the property buyers radar, especially in 2018
- Find property in Spain – Umuzee.com is a property portal with a global audience and a fast growing network of real estate agents specialising in Spanish properties for sale
- Guide to buying a property in Spain – A guide to buying property in Spain including the Spanish economy, culture, living in Spain, adapting to Spanish life, location & price
- Search for property in Spain – What’s the best way to search for a property for sale in Spain on Umuzee including types of property and best locations to buy property in Spain
- Property news in Spain – Current news and articles about Spain
- Property Taxes in Spain – A guide to property taxes in Spain including tax on new build properties
- Mortgages in Spain – A guide to property mortgages in Spain including information on mortgages for non-residents, interest rates, mortgage costs, new legislation and using a broker
- Currency Exchange when buying property in Spain – Why you should use a currency exchange service when buying a property in Spain?
€399,000 (-20%) - 5 Bedroom Villa
🔥🔥🔥🔥 HOT DEAL 🔥🔥🔥🔥 Spacious 5 bedroom villa for sale in Urbanizacion Campo Mijas, with easy access to Fuengirola, shopping and other amenities. As you enter the building via the top floor, you come to the lounge with fireplace and an ...
3 Bedroom Villa
Alicante (Costa Blanca), Spain
- Hallewell Estates -
2 Bedroom Villa
Alicante (Costa Blanca), Spain
- SolSpainGroup -
4 Bedroom Villa
in The Golden Mile
Malaga (Costa del Sol), Spain
- Seek & Buy Properties Overseas -