Search for property in Spain
What’s the best way to search for a property for sale in Spain on Umuzee?
That depends on your search criteria.
Before you even think about which area of Spain you’d like to live in, we would suggest that you make some firm decisions about the following:
- Your maximum budget including buying costs and taxes
- How many bedrooms you need
- Do you want to be in a community (apartment) or a villa (detached living)
- What facilities do you need to have near you? A hospital, international school, expat community speaking your language
- Do you need to travel frequently and need an airport within a short distance
- Do you want the beach and golf, or countryside and golf , or do you want to be inland and have your own vineyard?
It is so much easier to form search for Spanish properties when you have a clear idea of your starting point.
The next issue is where in Spain do you want to look. If you want to live within walking distance of the Mediterranean Sea then the Costa del Sol, Costa Brava and Costa Blanca are the ideal choices. So at Umuzee.com you can start your search there. You’ll see that because the coastal regions are so large, we have provided subsections related to the major towns and cities. For example, Alicante and its surrounding areas is a good place to start if you need to be near a well-developed transport hub with a strong expat community, plus hospitals and schools. The same goes for Marbella, Estepona and Mijas on the Costa del Sol. If you prefer to look inland where properties on the whole are less expensive, the Granada –Inland Coast is a good place to start. The names of the towns may be much less familiar than ones on the coast and that is where Umuzee can really give you a helping hand. Our Personal Property Search service can answer questions about these localities, if there isn’t enough information in the online listing, and send you more information about it.
Alternatively, contact Umuzee once you’ve decided on your main checklist and let us help you find a selection of properties in different areas that match your list, so that you can compare and contrast the types of properties and amenities in a variety of Spanish destinations. It won’t take you so long to make a shortlist and you’ll be able to organise a viewing trip within no time at all.
Types of property for sale in Spain
One of the many advantages of buying a property in Spain is that there is so much choice. In other areas of the world that people choose for second holiday homes or retirement properties, the selection of residential types is limited to
apartments and villas in areas devoted to an expat community. Spain offers a whole range of residential styles, including apartments, villas and townhouses. In the popular coastal areas, like the Costa del Sol, Costa Blanca and Costa Brava, the property market is dominated by apartments, townhouses and villas. Some of these are resale properties and may have been built some decades ago. On the other hand, there are fantastic opportunities to purchase a new build apartment in the contemporary style. Villas and townhouses also offer a range of styles. However, inland Spain, and this may not be more than a 30-minute drive from the coast, there are village houses that offer fantastic value for money, as well as traditional Spanish countryside residences, such as fincas, cortijos and haciendas. We advice that when it comes to searching for a Spanish property, don’t just look at the cost of buying it. Whilst, you may be delighted to have found a €60,000 house inland, don’t forget to factor in how long it will take you to drive from where you live to the nearest airport, beach or hospital.
Best locations to buy property in Spain
Just as with other countries, Spain’s biggest cities have the most expensive property, so avoid Madrid or Barcelona if you are looking for a real bargain. The coastal areas are popular with both Spaniards and overseas buyers and offer the advantage of the best climates in Spain, a beachside lifestyle and a host of amenities for the winter months as well. Spain’s coastal properties are also very affordable when compared with other countries with similar seaside developments. If you are looking for ‘authentic’ Spain and a more rustic lifestyle, then the interior is the place to look, especially if you want a farmhouse-style home with land for vegetable and fruit crops, an olive grove, or even a vineyard. Prices fluctuate all the time, and while someone may tell you that the Costa del Sol is much more expensive than the Costa Blanca, there are always properties available in every area that offer real value for money.
At Umuzee.com we keep an eye on how prices are changing in different regions and publish that news when it is available, so you’ll always be up-to-date when you use Umuzee. Furthermore, we can put you in touch with real estate agents specialising in specific areas, and they will be able to give you the kind of insights into how property is performing in a town, or even within a residential development, because they are working in the area all the time. They know if a price matches the market conditions, or if it is unreasonable. Are you ready to start searching? Or would you like to have a chat with a Umuzee team member first? All you have to do is either use our chatbot online to start a conversation – a human will take over. Or you can email us at email@example.com. Or phone us on (+34) 669 447 027. We’ll be delighted to hear from you and will do everything possible to ensure your search for a property in Spain is speedy, successful and as pain-free as possible.
- Spain – The Spanish economy: Should you buy property in Spain? Spain is certainly on the property buyers radar, especially in 2018
- Find property in Spain – Umuzee.com is a property portal with a global audience and a fast growing network of real estate agents specialising in Spanish properties for sale
- Guide to buying a property in Spain – A guide to buying property in Spain including the Spanish economy, culture, living in Spain, adapting to Spanish life, location & price
- Property news in Spain – Current news and articles about Spain
- Property Taxes in Spain – A guide to property taxes in Spain including tax on new build properties
- Mortgages in Spain – A guide to property mortgages in Spain including information on mortgages for non-residents, interest rates, mortgage costs, new legislation and using a broker
- Currency Exchange when buying property in Spain – Why you should use a currency exchange service when buying a property in Spain?
€399,000 (-20%) - 5 Bedroom Villa
🔥🔥🔥🔥 HOT DEAL 🔥🔥🔥🔥 Spacious 5 bedroom villa for sale in Urbanizacion Campo Mijas, with easy access to Fuengirola, shopping and other amenities. As you enter the building via the top floor, you come to the lounge with fireplace and an ...
6 Bedroom Villa
Alicante (Costa Blanca), Spain
Price: €4,500,000 (-18%)
- Sol Albir -
2 Bedroom Apartment
in Orihuela Costa
Alicante (Costa Blanca), Spain
- SolSpainGroup -
3 Bedroom Villa
Alicante (Costa Blanca), Spain
- Hallewell Estates -